Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Swinger?

Am I a swinger. Well, depends who you ask, but I'm not crazy about the word. Swinging's become a scene, a sex obsessed scene, trying to force something that's more fun when it just happens.

I guess I'm in an open relationship, but even that word has picked up a narrow meaning for most people.

My boyfriend and I take each situation as it comes. We get each others permission for each individual experience that might be outside of the normal rules of engagement.

In the rare case that I run into an impossibel to pass up situation, I might give my sweetie a call. "Hi, honey, um, a gorgeous woman just offered me a ride on her motorcycle and I'm pretty sure she means to take me out of phone range and have her way with me. What's that? Oh, yes, I will certainly tell you all about it when I get home. I love you too."

For the most part our polyamorous experiences are had together. It's us as a couple with a third person, or a few times with more people, though it's rare to find a party/orgy type scene that isn't revolting in the way that the singles scene is a turn off. When it happens though, wow, it's pretty amazing.

We did go to a swingers convention, once. It was a lame event full of pushy obnoxious people. We escaped to an area on the beach that hadn't been over run by horny car salesmen and their wives. Unfortunately another couple, also tired of the party that never stops had already claimed this retreat. In a completely non sexual, non slimey way they told us we were welcome to stay, and we did, sitting a respectable distance away.

After an hour or so they said goodnight and headed back to the hotel. We saw them at breakfast the next morning and asked if they'd like to share a table, if they didn't sit with us, 'The Others" would never stop trying to.

They had a seat and we bitched over coffee about the horrible convention. We spent the day together, hanging out, and eventually, when it was happened naturally, conversation did indeed turn to what we'd have liked to have found at this event. They were looking for the same kind of relaxed atmostphere we were looking for. We took dinner in their room that night, with some wine and we had a great, sexy time.

It made me want to put together an antiswinger swinger scene, and get it right. But that was a lot of effort for something that I got more enjoyment out of just being open to.

I will write out a story with more details of our time in that room with the other couple soon, I promise.

For now I'm off to wrap around my boyfriend and get some much needed sleep. I spent the whole day working on this damn site and I have much work still to do.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swinger... hmmm that sound like what my sister and her husband need!! then he can stop cheating on her and they can stop fighting!! the night you had sounds like it would be interesting... cant wait for the details... keep me posted!!
love
LIZ

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Isabelle said...

Oh, that's too bad. Cheating is dangerous. If he'd lie about sleeping around then he can't be trusted to be using safe sex practices while sleeping around either. What a stooge.
Guys (or girls) like that want to have all the privileges of an open relationship but don't have the guts to ask for what they want and/or wouldn't want to see those same privileges enjoyed by their partner.

I hope your sister finds a way to have the relationship she deserves, and I hope her husband grows a bit and learns to be a better partner.

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur right.. most dont want the same privileges shared by their partner.

i think with the lack of stable families, most children grow up without the awareness of how to have mature relationship.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Isabelle said...

Angelina,
Right you are.
It took me years to learn that my parent's example of a relationship was not the example I watned to follow.
Sarcasm, impatience, taking each other for granted.
I know they loved each other, but they made each other's lives so difficult.
Can healthy realtionships be taught in schools?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home